Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is a good website to advertise a car for sale??

I am in the process of selling my grandfathers cadillac after his passing. It's a 1996 Eldorado with 32,000 miles on it. Looks and drives like its brand new! It's green with tan leather interior. If some people could give me an idea of what type of website would be useful in marketing this type of vehicle. Immaculate Condition!


Thanks in advance!What is a good website to advertise a car for sale??
Ebay you have to pay $40 to list, and a excellent free site is craigslist.org :)What is a good website to advertise a car for sale??
I think Autotrader.com is the best site, I have used it many times. It puts people actually in your area in touch with you instead of people a thousand miles away.
I can think of 3 places. yahoo auto's, auto traders, and thrifty nickel (if you have this in your area). I found a great deal on a Mustang a couple of years ago under cars.com
Autotrader.com and carsoup.com are pretty good.
I would suggest going to forums for that car specifically and put it in their for sale/wanted section. You will be able to post free of charge and you are automatically advertising to an audience who loves that car. There is a site: http://www.cadillacforums.com that cater to the cadillac lovers. You join for free, and again, will know that these folks will appreciate this car.





We are apart of a Subaru forum and there are people wanting to purchase Subarus on there all the time. It's so easy to sell them there! When my husband got my MR2, he went to mr2oc.com and got my car there.





Good luck and sorry about your grandfather's passing.
Please use Cars.com. I can give you many reasons why it is superior.





-Ebay charges $40 and you have to go through a lot to auction it and set it up then finally go through the sale





-Autotrader is a waste of time. 1) it is used more by dealers than anyone else. 2) A lot of scammers spam you with fake interests.





-Bargainnews.com is another waste, the entire site is littered with nothing but garbage. You get no serious emails and the nigeria scam is all over these sites as well.





Cars.com was the best for me. I had my car on all of these sites (excluding Ebay) for a solid month with not one real person showing interest. I finally went to cars.com and paid $50 for a 3-month ad. This translated into great things.





1) Post an enormous amount of pictures, inside, outside, all so your car can be seen!





2) Write whatever you want about the car. Unlike Autotrader and Bargain News, you are not limited to what you can write and how long it can be. Tell a story if you like, explain how you take care of it, really get into details that someone who is really looking will take the time to scroll through. I love that part. It shows the person buying how much you cared for the car.





3) Automatic Newsletters, Flyers, Window Stickers!! The site will actually take all that you put together concerning make, model, year, your contact information, and brief description and put it into all of these formats so you can post it at work, on bulletin boards, in mailboxes, and on the windows of your car. GREAT TOOL!!!!





4) MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!!! As stated, if you do not sell your car in 90 days you get your full $50 back and you get to continue advertising your car on their site until it is sold!





I cannot think of a better place to sell a car, real people, great features, easy to use, and once I had my car on there, I did not have to wait 24 hours like those other sites for it to be approved, it was up immediately and I got a call within 4 days, and the car was sold a week later to that same person!
http://www.craigslist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment