Sunday, August 22, 2010

Someone used my Craigslist account to post a car for sale?

I received an email that said I had posted a Dodge Intrepid on Craigslist and I do not own a Dodge Intrepid. How and why would someone use my account to post this? Craigslist is free so what do they get out of using my account? They had a phone number on there to call and an email. I should've written it down but I deleted the post as fast as I could and changed my password.Someone used my Craigslist account to post a car for sale?
Go into your account, is there an actual listing to the post. Someone is trying to get valid email addresses to sell to someone for data mining. Dont answer those, those can be dangerous, there are phone numbers you dial that start charging you fees for stuff, good call on deleting it. Just look into your account and see if a car listing is showing most likely its not. Its getting scarier by the minute on how they steal. The new corfliker, puts up a pop up saying your antivirus has failed and please update they reported just today. Its starting to cause issues, they charge for that update, so that is how the cornfliker was set up to work, people think the pop up is real and it keeps popping up til you pay, or remove the virus. Scary stuffSomeone used my Craigslist account to post a car for sale?
It's just a prank. Forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment